Element #2: The Classical Course of Study is a module course within the complete course: ‘The 5 Elements of Classical Homeschooling.’ This module course includes two modules, in their entirety, from the complete course. The Introductory Module and Module 2: The Element of the Classical Course of Study.
Each module course includes the Introductory Module for Free. The Introduction of this course is one of the most important lessons because it sets the tone for everything you will encounter in the 5 Elements of Classical Homeschooling. This lesson helps you simply experience the classical tradition for yourself through stories and discussion and shows you how to think about and make the most out of this course.
The Element of the Classical Course of Study Module
The Element of the Course of Study, answers the question “What do I teach in my classical homeschool?” This module casts a vision for the entire liberal arts curriculum for your homeschool for Kindergarten through 12th grade and beyond. In addition, this module is packed to the brim with lists, guides, resources, and many other practical and approachable resources for selecting, refining, and practicing a truly liberal arts course of study.
- Includes the main lesson, reflect lesson, and practice lesson
- Learn what the classical course of study really is
- Learn how to think about each part of the classical course of study
- Understand how the classical liberal arts translates to modern subjects
- Tips for your course of study based on where you are in your classical homeschool journey
- Tips for choosing a classical community that fits your family
- Year-at-a-Glance Course of Study checklists for grades 1-12
- 50-page Downloadable Workbook
- Private course forum to ask questions, discuss ideas, and receive support.
- LIVE Monthly Q&A and Discussion
- MP3 Downloads of the Introductory and Module 2 Lessons
- Engaging lessons that explain how the Classical Course of Study works and how to think about it.
- Thoughtful questions and challenges to deepen your understanding and experience with the course of study
- Clear explanations and directions for how to practice the course of study.
- Copious tips, links, and resources for further study for the Element of the Classical Course of Study.
About the Complete Course
The 5 Elements of Classical Homeschooling Complete Course is a self-paced online course for homeschooling parents. The complete course will help you gain the skills, knowledge, and understanding you need to cultivate a vibrant classical homeschool consistent with the Christian Classical Liberal Arts Tradition. The entire course explores the 5 Elements of classical homeschooling. Each element reveals a set of questions we must all explore, reflect on, and practice if we are to lead successful classical homeschools and then leads you through exploring those questions, reflecting on them, and practicing their answers.