Welcome to the Expanding Wisdom Classical Teaching Library. Below you will find links to the different kinds of video and audio recordings we have kept including recordings from our Facebook Live events and classical teaching examples from real life and from literature.
The classical teaching examples below are listed and categorized according to which activity of the teacher they go along with. If you are not sure what I mean by ‘activity of the teacher’ or are new to the idea of classical teaching, I recommend first reading the article ‘Homeschool Mom! You Can Only Teach 3 Things‘ or if you are enrolled in ‘The 5 Elements of Classical Homeschooling‘, listen to the lesson in Module 3, ‘The Element of Classical Teaching.’
- Integrative Methods: Mimetic Teaching & Literature/Book Discussion
- Co-Inquire into Truth: Socratic Teaching
- Coaching a Skill: Coaching in some skill like writing, drawing, calculating, etc…
- Presenting Knowledge: Picture/composer study, reading, narration, etc…
- PLUS: Facebook Live & Periscope Recordings
NOTE: Categories & Pages will be updated as new recordings are made available.